Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's been awhile

This week has gone by very crazy for me. Where do I even start... I will start with Sunday my Hubby left out of town for work. Monday, Jack's nose was pouring and he was very fussy. He was up all night, at 5am he went in and turned on Sam's light and then she started screaming. He finally went to bed around 6am Tues. for a few hours. Then yesterday was a wild day everything was pretty normal until I picked Sam up from school and she was in the kitchen fixing her snack, and Jack a snack. Next thing I know she is runny out of the kitchen waving at the fire alarm, I guess so it wouldn't go off. I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on, so I run in the kitchen and there is smoke pouring from the microwave, I yell at her to get Jack and the dog and get outside. I went back in the kitchen (she was making Jack some mac and cheese in the cup where you just add water.) She forgot the water and to remove all of the plastic off the top, it was just a pile of burned macaroni in the microwave and the worst smell ever! So I go out check on them. Then go back in with a coat around my face and open up the house, good thing it was in the 60's yesterday!
So I thought we will just leave the house for a few and let it air-out, I was driving down the road and Jack wouldn't stop screaming, the dog was in the back of the van. So I pull into 7-eleven, one I don't ever go to either. Give Sam $5 to go get her and Jack a snack, and I decide to vacuum out my car, thinking she will be back in just a sec. so I let Jack put the money in and I try to set him down and he isn't having it, so I ended up vacuuming the whole car holding him. Keep thinking where is Sam the whole 5 min I am vacuuming. Finally I go in there and she is in line wrapped around the whole store. (Jack still screaming) I go back outside and call Jack's doctor's office. Sam finally comes out I get in the back seat with Jack trying to figure out what was the matter and calm him down. Because he won't let me put him in the car seat just to get us home. I sat back there with him for about 45min. finally put him in his seat and drove us back home, and waited for the dr office to call me back.
They finally call back and said bring him at 5:30. So we waited for 5:30 to come, I noticed he was wheezing and seemed to be having a little trouble breathing. But he was ok.
We got to the Dr office and there was only 1 other person in there so we didn't wait long.
They took us back, I said he is wheezing the nurse said take off his shirt, she went and got the pulse ox machine to see what his oxygen level was, but couldn't get a reading because he wouldn't hold still. Then the dr came in said yeah he is working hard, they brought in some liquid steroids for him and then the neb.... that was when the fun started trying to hold him down and hold the mask on his face, a nurse had to help me hold him down, he screamed the whole time and kept telling the nurse "I'm sick" she just kept telling him she knew and was trying to make him better. So a few min after that treatment the Dr came in and listened to him again, said we need to do another treatment. The second one wasn't so bad, he was so tired, so he fell asleep. Then the Dr said give him another treatment at 10. So we left there around 7:20 with 3 meds to get filled & a Neb for Jack, it is so cute it has a little fish mask. (Nothing like that when I was a kid or even Sam)

Went to Walgreen's on the way home, their computers where down so I had to go to another one. Jack was in the car saying mommy I need you. Oh I forgot to tell you I didn't feel well either. My throat was hurting so bad.

So when we got home, Jack was all hyper, running around and wouldn't slow down. I was so tired and worried about him, all the what if's running threw my head. I called my H's step-mom to see if she could come over and stay with us. Of course she did, she is always so sweet and helpful. I am so thankful for her! She can put a smile on all our faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment